Printer friendly version
Number of cities found: 1
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- WASHINGTON - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 18 - TIME: 2:00 pm
LOCATION: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts - The REACH
REGISTRATION: 11:00 am TBD
REHEARSAL: 12:00 pm The Reach
PARKING: Please check back for parking info.
NOTE: **UPDATE** Please read the updated COVID protocols.
**UPDATED NOVEMBER 30 2021**
**THIS EVENT ONLY** Participant fee has been generously covered by the Kennedy Center Millennium Stage.
We are back at the Kennedy Center! This year we will be performing in the afternoon OUTDOORS at The REACH. The Kennedy Center has strict COVID protocols which must be adhered to for all performers.
Due to updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) related to the Delta variant and vaccinated individuals, and the re-implementation of the masking requirement in federal facilities * by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force on July 29, 2021 pursuant to Executive Order 13991, the following protocols will need to be adhered to during TubaChristmas and communicated with all participants.
- 200 Participants maximum.
- The performance will be held outside.
- All Participants wishing to participate must be fully vaccinated, no exceptions will be made.
- “Fully vaccinated” means at least two weeks have passed since receiving the second shot in a two-shot series or the single shot in a one-shot series of a vaccine for COVID-19, which has been authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- No family members will be allowed inside the rehearsal space.
- Children under the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated to participate, no exceptions will be made. Children may be accompanied by one fully vaccinated guardian.
- All Participants must remain fully masked, except during rehearsal and the performance.
- If Participants wish to practice outside of these times they must do so outside at least 10' away from any masked individuals.
- Participants must have a negative COVID test to participate. Test restrictions are outlined below.
Items Participants will need to participate:
- On arrival, Participants will need to present fully vaccinated records.
- Vaccination verification options
- Bindle, a third-party app that allows patrons to securely upload their vaccination
- Verification cards paired with a government ID
- On arrival, Participants must present a negative COVID19 test. Either a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the rehearsal or a Professionally Administered Antigen test taken within 6 hours of the rehearsal.
Anyone who arrives without both proof of vaccination and proof of a negative test will not be permitted to participate in the performance but is welcome to watch from the audience.
Also, please bring a stand and be dressed for performing outdoors.
Please check back for updates closer to the performance date!
CONDUCTOR: Andrew Hitz
COORDINATORS: TubaChristmas-HolidayTubas-Thomas Phillips 812-824-8833, Erik Lundquist 716-640-5760, Brian Sands 703-913-7720, Chris Quade 703-323-1676, Scott Cameron 301-260-9361
WEB SITE: www.facebook.com/KennedyCenter
Thomas A. Phillips, President
THE HARVEY PHILLIPS FOUNDATION, INC.
TUBACHRISTMAS, P.O. Box 933, Bloomington,
PHONE: (812) 824-8833 FAX: (812) 824-4462
(check web site often for updates)
TUBACHRISTMAS is a registered property
of the Harvey Phillips Foundation, Inc.