Printer friendly version
Number of cities found: 1
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- WASHINGTON - VIRTUAL
NOTE: While we canít gather together this year to have our regular TUBACHRISTMAS event in person, weíre calling on our friends to submit video recordings to be included in a virtual project. The carols we have chosen for this year are Joy to the World, O Come All Ye Faithful, and Silent Night. Youíre welcome to participate in any or all of the carols! If you would like to participate, please send us a video recording of you playing your part in your best TUBACHRISTMAS apparel or other festive holiday colors to DCTubaChristmas@gmail.com by November 1st using the guidelines listed below. We have provided a click track YouTube video for each part to play along with so that we can all stay together! We hope to release the final product by December 2nd on the 91st birthday of our founder, Harvey Phillips. We will make an effort to include as many submissions as possible with the time and resources available. Check the @DCTubaChristmas Facebook page for more details on the video release!
Thank you and Merry TUBACHRISTMAS!
The Washington DC TUBACHRISTMAS Team
Recording Guidelines for TUBACHRISTMAS Video Submissions
Clothing: TUBACHRISTMAS apparel or other bright, festive colors! Bonus points for great horn decorations!
Music: Carols for a Merry TUBACHRISTMAS (Joy to the World, O Come All Ye Faithful, Silent Night - play 2 verses in each carol)
Apparel and Music may be purchased from the Harvey Phillips Foundation - please allow time for shipping
Here are some tips to create your best recording:
Remember, itís TUBACHRISTMAS, so HAVE FUN!
Send videos in as an Unlisted YouTube or mp4 format by November 1st, 2020 to: DCTubaChristmas@gmail.com
Suggested Part Assignments. You are free to submit 1, 2, or 3 tunes, but please submit each piece in a separate file.
Last Name - A-M Tuba/Euphonium 1
Last Name - N-Z Tuba/Euphonium 2
#11 Silent Night https://youtu.be/VVUTdGE-7s0
#14 Joy to the World https://youtu.be/KgeQC3GcYK4
#1 Adeste Fideles https://youtu.be/DHCHnRaznDI
- Smartphones are absolutely fine. If you have a better microphone or camera please feel free to use it.
- Test out your microphone on your recording device - tubas and euphoniums often can overwhelm microphones without adjustment
- Film in landscape orientation
- Use headphones or earbuds to hear the click track
- Natural light is always best, but not directly behind you
- Try to have something behind you to add dimension (rather than a flat white wall)
- An acoustically drier space is preferable to a reverberant (boomy) one
- Use an extra music stand or something similar to hold your phone steady while filming. If your only option is to have someone else hold the phone, have them stay in one place through the duration of the piece.
COORDINATORS: Brian Sands 703-913-7720 , TubaChristmas-HolidayTubas-Thomas Phillips 812-824-8833, Erik Lundquist 716-640-5760, Scott Cameron 301-260-9361, Robert Pallansch 703-532-0137, Chris Quade 703-323-1676
Thomas A. Phillips, President
THE HARVEY PHILLIPS FOUNDATION, INC.
TUBACHRISTMAS, P.O. Box 933, Bloomington,
PHONE: (812) 824-8833 FAX: (812) 824-4462
(check web site often for updates)
TUBACHRISTMAS is a registered property
of the Harvey Phillips Foundation, Inc.